Voice search and web content
Google recently released their guidelines for ‘eyes free technology’ – you know, the voice assistants such as Siri, Google and Alexa that we’re all being encouraged to use on our smart devices. I have to say, I use Siri every day – she’s on my iMac, iPhone and iPad and I think she’s great.
I’ll point you in the direction of two useful articles that are worth reading:
- Google’s blog about how voice requests are different to typed requests
- An article on Econsultancy which does a great job of explaining what you need to be aware of
You can read them both in detail but the key points to take away are:
- All of the platforms expect voice requests to become increasingly common
- Spoken responses are very different from the ones that people will type on their keyboards
- Keep things simple if you want to rank well for voice search requests
- Cut the waffle
I’ll keep this post short. Have a good day.